Our client is looking for a Quality Assurer – Health and Social Care to join their team in a home and field based role travelling throughout Bristol and Greater Bristol.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background as a Quality Assurer / Internal Verifier across a range of Health and Social Care qualifications. Candidates will need to have an IQA award e.g. IQA, V1 or D34 and an Assessing qualification e.g. TAQA / CAVA, A1 or D32 / D33.
A teaching qualification such as a PTLLS, AET or equivalent would be beneficial although not essential.
The average team size is usually between 8-10 assessors.
The role of a Quality Assurer is integral to the consistency and future continuation of our service offering. This role is hands-on, spilt between field and desk based quality assurance, which includes progressing and supporting Trainer Assessors to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to our learners and employers. Your work will compliment that of the Area Manager responsible for the operational development of the business and you will work with your Regional Quality Manager and a team of Trainer Assessors delivering a range of qualifications which include accredited intermediate, advanced and higher Apprenticeships and commercial courses. Through the work you do, you will not only be making a difference in the lives of learners, but ensure that we remain firmly at the top of work-based learning provision in our specialist areas
Typical deliverables (this list is not exhaustive and you are expected to undertake any reasonable activity suited to your qualifications and experience)
• Desk and field based quality assurance of a range of qualifications
• Organising the development of Trainer Assessors in all aspects of training and assessing practice
• Carrying out graded observations of teaching and learning.
• Delivering and assessing the TAQA and IQA qualifications
• Compiling and maintaining internal quality assurance processes, documentation, including sampling plans and IQA reports
• Supporting the Regional Quality Manager with Awarding Body visits
• Assisting with the maintenance of awarding organisation direct claims status
• Supporting proposals to deliver new qualifications
• Taking an active role in team standardisation meetings
• Working collaboratively with the Operational Management team to ensure outcomes are delivered
• Liaising with learners and employers where required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience within specialist vocational sector
• Experience of working in the role of a Trainer Assessor and/or Quality Assurer
• Assessing and verifying (quality assurance) qualifications which can include D32/33/34/A1/V1 or the training and assessment quality assurance qualifications which are current for the time period
• Evidence of documented continuous professional development
• Experience of self-assessment in line with OFSTED and previous involvement of supporting External Quality assurance visits
• Experience of delivering training and undertaking assessments in a vocational setting; some managerial experience desirable but not essential
• Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of vocational specialisms
• Industry specific qualifications, as required by the awarding organisations/sector skills councils and or other regulatory bodies
• Possess or working to a minimum of level 2 standard in Maths and English
• Good IT skills – working level of knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, G-mail and Google Docs ; e learning and e-assessment packages and simple management information systems associated with registration, monitoring and certification of learners
• Training or Teaching or Coaching qualification (desirable)
Your performance will be measured on the outcome of your activities, quality of delivery and your contribution to the success of our business. You will have regular meetings with your manager to discuss specific priorities and deliverables and to receive feedback.
Benefits: Company vehicle after 6 months, Pension Scheme, Healthcare benefits, Business equipment (laptop, mobile phone, scanner), Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare vouchers, Eye care scheme, Life Assurance, Dental insurance, Travel insurance.
Key Skills:Verifier, Internal Verifier, Lead Verifier, V1, D34, QA, IQA, Quality Assurance, Verifying, IV, Training Provider, College, Work Based Learning, Training, WBL, Verification, Internal Verification, Quality, Assessor / Verifier, Lead IV, TAQA, CAVA, Leading the Internal Quality Assurance jobs, Quality Assurer, PTLLS, QCF, Verifier Jobs, Internal Verifier Jobs, Quality Assurer Jobs, Health and Social Care, Health & Social Care, Care, Caring, Care Home Manager, Elderly Care, Adult Care, Carer, Careworker, Support Worker, Social Care, Care Manager, Care Assessor, Care Verifier, Care Trainer, Training Provider, College, Work Based Learning, WBL, Care NVQ Assessor, Health and Social Care Assessor Jobs, Health and Social Care Trainer, Health and Social Care Tutor, Health and Social Care Lecturer, Health and Social Care IQA, Care IV