Our client is looking for a Qualified or Trainee Health and Social Care Assessor to join their team in a field based role in Haywards Heath and the Sussex area.
Are you an experienced Health and Social Care Assessor or experienced Adult & Elderly Care worker looking for a change or direction in your career?
Would you like to join a friendly and experienced company who will give you the training and support to gain a recognised Assessing qualification if applicable?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Care Manager / Care Support Worker with Adult and Elderly care experience (preferably gained in a care home setting) looking for a change of career direction. Full training and support is provided to become a fully qualified Assessor with this large, reputable and supportive Training Provider.
Experienced and qualified Adult Care Assessors are also welcomed and the company offers a generous benefits package and career progression opportunities.
It is preferred that candidates hold a CAVA / TAQA, A1 or D32/ D33 Assessing Award although for the right candidate full training and support can be provided.
You will need a strong background in Health and Social Care (Adult / Elderly Care) to Supervisory / Managerial level.
You will need to hold a Level 3 or above qualification in Care. A level 5 qualification in Care would be very advantageous although not essential.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a variety of environments and roles within residential and domiciliary care to managerial level with adult/elderly service users.
You will travel to meet learners that are completing Apprenticeships in their own place of work and you will also deliver Functional Skills.
This is a work based learning role so you will be travelling to meet with learners in their own place of work, normally at least 4 days of the week. An average caseload is 40 - 45 learners.
The role of a Trainer Assessor is at the coal face of this business. Hands-on and out in the field working with the learners and employers in their places of work, you will be responsible for supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications. Qualifications will include accredited intermediate, advanced and higher Apprenticeships, industry qualifications and commercial courses. You will be using a variety of teaching and assessing techniques to ensure that the highest standards of bespoke training are offered. Through the work you do, you will not only be making a difference in the lives of learners, but increasing the standards and reputation of the industry.
Typical deliverables (this list is not exhaustive and you are expected to undertake any reasonable activity suited to your qualifications and experience)
• Marketing the organisation and its qualification offering to employers and learners
• Signing learners onto Apprenticeships and other qualifications
• Offering information, advice and guidance and carrying out initial assessments to identify learner needs
• Completing and maintaining all regulatory and financial paperwork
• Visiting learners at their workplaces every 4-6 weeks
• Progressing learners through their qualifications through observation, work product, written evidence and other methods
• Delivering outstanding teaching and learning of knowledge and functional skill components
• Mentoring and coaching learners with varying barriers to learning
• Taking part in continuous professional development, including completion of own qualifications
• Liaising regularly with your line manager and quality assurance team
• Experienced within your specialist vocational sector
• Experience working to a supervisory or managerial level
• Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of vocational specialism
• Industry specific qualifications
• Assessing and/or teaching qualifications (desirable)
• Possess or working to a minimum of level 2 standard in Maths and English
• Good IT skills – working level of knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other MIS and databases
• Outstanding organisational skills
• Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure, be flexible and resilient
• Excellent networking and relationship building skills
• Passionate, enthusiastic and with the ambition and commitment to deliver
• Tactful and able to deal with difficult situations sensitively
• Exemplary written communication skills
• Able to meet people with ease and build beneficial relationships
• Able to counsel, negotiate and advise others
• Able to motivate others to seek opportunities and achieve results
• Possess self-confidence, enthusiasm and persuasion
• Be approachable, accommodating and unassuming
• Act with a systematic and logical approach
• Possess persistence to see a job through to the end
• Able to work to high specifications and maintain quality
Your performance will be measured on the outcome of your activities, quality of delivery and your contribution to the success of the business. You will have regular meetings with your Manager to discuss specific priorities and deliverables and to receive feedback.
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 per annum (Dependent on Skills, qualifications and experience) Realistic starting salary for a qualified Assessor is circa £25k - £26k, scope for improvement with length of service
Benefits: Company vehicle after 6 months, Pension Scheme, Healthcare benefits, Business equipment (laptop, mobile phone), Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare vouchers, Eye care scheme, Life Assurance, Dental insurance, Travel insurance
Key skills: NVQ Assessor Jobs, NVQ Assessing, Assessor, Assessing, QCF Assessor, D32, D33, A1, TAQA, CAVA, Trainer Assessor, Training, WBL, Work Based Learning Jobs, Tutor, FE, Further Education, Apprenticeships, Training Provider, College, Lecturer, PTLLS, QCF, IQA, Assessor Jobs, Trainer Jobs, Tutor Jobs, Health and Social Care, Health & Social Care, Care, Caring, Care Home Manager, Elderly Care, Adult Care, Carer, Careworker, Support Worker, Social Care, Care Manager, Care Assessor, Care Verifier, Care Trainer, Training Provider, College, Work Based Learning, WBL, Care NVQ Assessor, Health and Social Care Assessor Jobs, Health and Social Care Trainer, Health and Social Care Tutor, Health and Social Care Lecturer, Health and Social Care IQA, Care IV