HTP Apprenticeship College is recruiting for an Apprentice Administrator to join a prestigious University in Southampton.
Would you like to start a professional career within office Administration?
Do you like the idea of working in an office environment but have little or no Administration experience?
This Apprenticeship is the perfect way to get your career started and gain office Administration experience whilst working, learning and earning a salary.
You will have full support and training and will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration which will open many opportunities for you in the future.
This Administration Apprenticeship will allow you to gain experience of a wide range of different Administrative tasks working in a professional office setting within a high profile University.
Responsibilities will include:
• To learn and apply a good working understanding of policies, processes and systems for all administrative teams and to ensure that activities are delivered accurately, efficiently and by agreed deadlines and to University quality standards.
• To provide advice and guidance to beneficiaries and stakeholders on established policies, applying knowledge of systems and processes.
• To act as a filter for enquiries/issues/ problems, escalating those that cannot be resolved to the senior manager when appropriate.
• With supervision, to be flexible and adaptable in the approach to work routines to support the delivery of a set of functional activities.
• To build and maintain knowledge of the business processes and share best practice with colleagues.
• To apply agreed customer-focused service standards to beneficiaries and stakeholders any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder, e.g. support for Graduation ceremonies.
Full training is provided.
The University is in the top 1% of global universities and is a founding member of the Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities. The University has about 25,000 students and over 6,500 employees and offers a wide variety of courses from Accounting to Zoology. They are an international community with students from over 130 countries currently studying with them.
Student and Academic Administration (SAA) is the largest professional service within the University, with nearly 400 staff providing administrative support for students and academics across the student lifecycle (from admission through to graduation).
Apprenticeship training will be provided in the work place by HTP Apprenticeship College. You will also receive regular on the job training and support from your line manager.
Apprenticeship training will include:
• Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
• Functional skills in maths, English and ICT if required
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• You will be required to attend off the job training as and when required
Although full training will be given you should have a good level of maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
• Well-organised with excellent attention to detail
• Patient and tolerant
• Flexibility to take leave outside peak times for the team.
• Flexibility to undertake other duties as required by relevant colleagues
There is very little requirement to work evenings or weekends. Apprentices will have the opportunity to assist at Open Days and other weekend events.
Highfield campus is well-served by the UniLink bus service.
HTP Apprenticeship College (formerly HTP Training) has since 2000 become one of the leading training providers in England. They deliver training programmes in all areas of Hospitality & Catering, Management, Retail, Customer Service, Business Administration, Health & Social Care, Childcare, Cleaning Services and Nail Technology.
Their campuses are staffed by teams of friendly, sector experienced staff who are available to provide information on all aspects of the training we offer. Traineeships, Apprenticeships and vocational learning remain a priority for the Government as they continue to address the skills gaps faced by businesses across the country.
Job Ref: APP0232
Post Title: Apprentice Administrator
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday 36 hours per week with 1 hour for lunch, but some flexibility around early starts/late finishes may be required, and will be communicated in advance.
Salary: £141.12 per week
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Type: Full Time Apprenticeship opportunities are available with a minimum duration of 1 year and with the possibility of employment or further training after this duration (subject to availability).
Key Skills: Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Trainee, Unqualified, Un qualified, NVQ, Apprenticeships, Apprentice, NVQ, Apprenticeship jobs, Apprentice Jobs, School Leaver, School Leaver Jobs, College Leaver Jobs, Trainee jobs, jobs with training, Apprenticeship Training, Apprentice job, Apprenticeship Vacancy, Apprenticeship Vacancies, Traineeship, Business Admin Apprentice, Apprentice Administrator, Business Administration, Administrator, Administration, Admin, Trainee Administrator, Administration Apprentice, Office Administrator, Data Entry, Customer Service, Receptionist, Secretary, Administration Jobs, Admin Jobs, Customer Service Jobs, Office job