Corporate Training Services Manager
Our client is looking for a Corporate Services Manager to join their team in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
The role will involve managing a team consisting of 3 Training Consultants, 2 Administrators and 1 Business Development Broker. You will be required to monitor KPI’s and set performance targets for these individuals. Sales will also be a big part of this role and you will be involved in selling Corporate Training to businesses throughout the Hampshire and surrounding areas. This will include specific training packages and also bespoke training tailored to meet a clients needs. The company is also involved in Apprenticeships and Work Based Learning but the main focus for this role will be Corporate Training packages. Experience of writing proposals would be beneficial as well as a high level of literacy and numeracy skills.
You will also be dealing with your own budgets and financing so prior experience of this would be helpful.
This role is for a results oriented individual with the confidence, drive and determination to achieve success through leading a team of Training Consultants in identifying markets, planning training courses and services, pro-actively engaging with employers (customers), driving forward sales to meet budget and ensuring our service provision maintains high standards of excellence and leads to repeat business. The job holder will have the confidence and skills to engage with customers (i.e. Directors/Owner Managers/HR Managers in businesses of all sizes and sectors), to identify training, learning and development solutions that will make a real difference to their businesses performance issues, producing compelling reasons for customers to purchase our training services. The role requires innovative thinking with the ability to source, launch and promote topical training courses and associated tutors to deliver, combined with sound organisational skills and excellent communication skills (written and verbal). As the team is monitored on KPIs, the ability to lead, guide and maximise the potential of individual contributions to the overall departmental success is crucial. We believe in the philosophy ‘people buy people’ and this is an exciting, energised customer facing and engaging role where personal sales success is vital to our business success.
• Develop business and sales strategies to ensure attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and income budget
• Control costs to meet expenditure budget negotiating tutor fees and direct costs to maintain the required profit margins
• Responsible for the management and development of the Training Consultants to meet/exceed KPI’s for prospecting calls, securing appointments, raising proposals, converting these to booked business and evaluating impact of service delivery
• Responsible for the performance and development of the departmental Administrators, ensuring that they meet quality standards for administration of courses and associated activities
• Maintain contact with all customers to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and increased business potential. This includes, responding to new enquiries, writing proposals and tenders, delivering presentations to customers, timely lead management, Account Management of member companies, generating new member companies, implementing training solutions and evaluating service delivery
• Monitor tutor performance evaluating their service delivery against customer satisfaction measures and addressing performance shortfalls in line with our quality system
• Identify, lead and participate in pro-active promotional campaigns (i.e. telemarketing/networking/exhibitions)
• Develop, promote and host new service offers/events (i.e. special courses, seminars, workshops)
• Budget achievement (sales)
• Proposal conversion rates (KPI)
• Account Management
• Membership (new & retained)
• Quality of service/evaluation
• Product design & promotion
• Timely Lead Management
• Service Evaluation KPI’s