Youth Engagement Manager
Our client is looking for a Youth Engagement Manager to join their team in Hammersmith, London.
This role would suit someone with strong administration skills and the ability empathise with young people. Experience of working with young people would be very beneficial in this role. Whether it be in a youth work setting or providing careers advice, apprenticeships advice, employability advice or other youth Information Advice and Guidance (IAG). You will be involved in the recruitment of NEET learners helping them into further Education, Apprenticeships and Employment.
The role includes:
• Recruitment of NEETs aged 16-18 for education courses across London for September and February starts.
• Delivery of open days.
• Developing and implementing a recruitment strategy.
• Interviewing and assessing potential candidates.
• Liaison with youth workers and councillors across London.
• Maintaining excellent relationships with referral agents, both internal and external. Meeting targets in terms of ensuring all courses start with the maximum number of learners.
• Ensuring excellent retention of learners across all centres.
• Opportunity to develop within a rapidly growing business area for Let Me Play.
• Reporting to the Education Manager.
• Degree educated preferably although not essential
• Ability to build rapport quickly with young people
• Experience of youth work in London with hard to reach young people
• Highly motivated
• Very organised
• Good presentation skills
• Able to work as part of a team and independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to raising standards
• Good ICT Skills