HTP are looking for an Apprentice Chef to join a 4 star hotel with a 2AA rosette restaurant in Egham, Surrey.
You don’t need to have any previous experience of working as a Chef or Cook as full training and support is provided to get your Hospitality career of to a flying start.
This is a Chef Apprenticeship job opportunity so you will be working towards an Intermediate level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery as well as working.
A fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious hotel in its recently refurbished kitchens. Working with experienced chefs who have earned top accolades, you will be trained and developed to cook fresh, often home grown ingredients for a 2AA rosette restaurant and a highly regarded banqueting kitchen.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef and his team, the chef apprentice will assist in the preparation and service in all sections of the kitchen. The role will involve the following;
• Ensure all food items for the restaurant are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards
• Prepares on a daily basis the food requisitions assigned
• Collects fresh produce and herbs from the gardens as required
• Maintains the cleanliness of all assigned areas including fridges and freezers
• Controls cost by minimising spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control
• Ensures that cost control policies and procedures are followed
• Attends training sessions
• Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance
• Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are correctly stored
• Ensures the smooth running of the section in the absence of the Demi Chef de Partie or Chef de Partie
• Learns all basic food preparation techniques and works on different sections
• Any other duties the Executive Chef may deem appropriate
The company is a 4 star hotel which operates 2 Restaurants as well as being a popular wedding venue.
Apprenticeship training will be provided in the work place by HTP Training. You will also receive regular on the job training and daily support from your Line Manager.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework will include:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma Professional Cookery
• Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
• Functional Skills in English and Maths
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
The expected duration for the Apprenticeship training is 12 months.
No specific qualifications are required although GCSEs (or equivalent) Maths, English at a good level would be preferred but not essential.
Outgoing, determined to succeed and a passion for cooking.
Ability to prioritise, manage work load effectively and work well under pressure. You will need to have a good attention to detail.
Working as a Chef will involve cooking for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, a mix of shifts and functions.
Apprentices will work 5 days out of 7 including weekends and bank holidays.
Shifts would be between the hours of 9am and 11pm although once settled in the role, some breakfast shifts (6:30am start) may be included.
Apprentices over the age of 18 will work 48 hours and their weekly salary would be £158.40
Applicants aged 16-18 would work 40 hours per week, applicants over 18 would work 48 hours per week, both exclusive of breaks.
Future Career prospects
The possibility of a Commis Chef or Demi Chef de Partie position on completion of training.
Learning provider details
HTP is one of the leading Training Companies in the South of England. They give people of all ages the opportunity to access Apprenticeship training, employment and the chance to gain nationally recognised qualifications. They pride themselves on their success in helping people achieve their career goals and their achievement rates are well above the national average in all areas that they work. HTP achieved Grade 1 outstanding across the board at their last Ofsted Inspection in November 2008 and has now been awarded Beacon Status, so you can be assured HTP will do everything possible to help you achieve your aims.
Job Ref: APP0206
Post Title: Apprentice Chef
Location: Egham, Surrey
Hours: 40 hours per week 5 days out of 7. Shifts TBC
Salary: £211 per week
Type: Full Time Apprenticeship for 12 months with the possibility of employment after this duration subject to availability