Our client is looking for an IT Manager and Operational MIS to join their team in Croxley, Hertfordshire.
To be considered for this role candidates must be experienced with working on a MAYTAS System. Experience with government funded training would be essential.
This role is working for a large Training Provider so previous experience within a similar environment so you are familiar with the systems and processes involved is essential.
Experience in working with IT networks and infrastructure is also essential.
Main purpose of the job:
To manage company IT infrastructure and day to day relationship with CIT. To develop and provide operational MIS to Chief Executive and other Directors, managers and staff in operations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure the IT infrastructure and hardware are appropriate to meet company business needs and security requirements
• Manage company IT infrastructure and day to day relationship with CIT.
• Produce monthly report to Chief Exec. and Finance Director on IT performance and issues for the month and planned future activities.
• Develop and provide operational management information and reports to Chief Exec, and other Directors, managers and other staff in operations in accordance with established timescales.
• Respond to ad hoc requests for additional reports from manages when specifically empowered by the Chief Exec, or Finance Director
• Maintain the accuracy of the operational databases, especially MAYTAS and ensure data is up to date and that data capture processes are efficient and enforced
• Seek full understanding of data and MIS needs of operational management by participating and presenting to operation team meetings
• Work with the Financial Data Analyst to ensure internal operational data and reports are reconciled with related external reports and financial information
• To shadow the Financial Data Analyst to have an understanding of his duties as cover for absence
Key Competencies required for role:
• Established IT network management skills
• Detailed knowledge of MAYTAS and other learner management and CRM systems
• Detailed knowledge of SFA ILR data requirements and validation
• Ability work with third party SQL databases e.g. MAYTAS and exchange data between different systems
• Advanced application system skills, especially Excel, Access and implementation of CRM systems
• Data mining and warehousing experience
• Ability to understand and install major new programs unsupervised
• Excellent levels of communication written and verbal
• Excellent numerical skills
• Resilient and tenacious, flexible and adaptable, attention to detail
A degree level qualification in IT or related subject would be preferred
Additional qualifications in IT and support
• Experienced with working on MAYTAS System
• Experienced in working with IT networks and infrastructure
• Experience in working in government funded training provision environment
• Experience in working with and meeting needs of teams across businesses
Key Performance Indicators:
• Minimal interruption to key business systems and infrastructure
• Plan and deliver timely installation of approved new applications
• Timely production of daily and monthly reports to agreed deadlines