Best Choice Training is currently recruiting for a Health and Social Care Apprentice to provide support for elderly residents living in a Residential Home based in Birmingham.
You don’t need to have any previous experience of working in a Care organisation or as a Carer as full training and support is provided by this employer and the expert Apprenticeship Training provision at Best Choice Training.
This is a Health and Social Care Apprenticeship job opportunity so you will be working towards an intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship qualification Health and Social Care.
You will need to be proactive and provide support to two directors. You will be involved in networking, building relationships in a discreet and professional manner to maximise relationships.
• Maintain confidentiality of information regarding residents, visitors and staff.
• Assist in serving meals to residents particularly those who require help with feeding.
• Provide support with personal care needs whilst promoting independence, respect and privacy.
• Ensure all aspects of the environment are clean and tidy, particularly the resident’s rooms and other facilities.
• Attend all statutory training sessions making certain that practices reflect the learning outcomes of the training.
• Attend any other training sessions that applicable to the role.
• Participate and encourage residents to participate in recreational activities and help provide physical and mental stimulation for residents.
• Communicate effectively with other team members
• Communicate effectively with patients and carers, using alternative methods of communication.
The Home specialise in the care of the elderly.
Their aim is to provide all the necessary care and attention for those who wish to spend their retirement in a secure and caring atmosphere, whilst respecting their privacy and maintaining their independence and dignity as far as possible.
You will receive regular on the job training and support from the employer and the Apprenticeship Training will be provided by Best Choice Training.
This will include:
• NVQ Level 2 intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
• Functional Skills English, Maths
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
The expected duration for the Apprenticeship training is 12 months.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent multi tasking skills
• Excellent time keeping skills
• Team player
• Excellent organisation skills
• Well presented
• Good people skills
• Hard working
• Ability to learn new skills fast
GCSE grade A-C or equivalent in English and Maths preferred
A full time permanent role may be offered on successful completion of the Apprenticeship training.
Best choice Training Ltd is a learner focus learning organisation. Learners are provided with individualised support that enables all learners to reach their full potential. The staff are dedicated and committed to providing good quality teaching and assessment to increase learner’s confidence and employability prospects.
Best Choice work in partnerships with local organisations which creates a wide variety of work experiences at different levels. In March 2014 Best Choice Training took part in an OFSTED inspection as a part of a consortium and achieve grade 2 all areas of delivery. The company performance is based at 84% achievements rate, 88% retention with a 96% progression rate.
Job Ref: APP0145
Post Title: Health and Social Care Apprentice (Care Assistant)
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Salary: £2.68 per hour. Rising to £2.73 per hour from 1st October 2014.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £2.68 per hour. This will rise to £2.73 per hour from 1st October 2014. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Type: 12 month Apprenticeship training. The employer may offer a permanent role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.