Area Manager (Apprenticeships)
Our client is looking for an Area Manager (Apprenticeships) with a strong background in Work Based Learning / Training to join their team in Bristol. You will be based at the office in Bristol but travel will be required throughout Bristol and Avon.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have experience of working in a Managerial / Supervisory role for a Training Provider or College. Experience of managing a team of Assessors and Verifiers is essential as well as knowledge of Apprenticeships, Traineeships and the Work Based Learning sector. Knowledge of Apprenticeships in Hospitality, Care or employability skills would be particularly beneficial although not essential.
It is essential that you hold either the TAQA, CAVA, A1, D32 or D33 Assessing Awards.
If you hold a Verifying / Quality Assurance qualification such as the IQA, V1 or D34 Awards in addition to an Assessing qualification then this can be beneficial although not essential.
A teaching qualification in addition to an Assessing qualification such as PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential.
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for the management, development and growth of your allocated Area, with an office base alongside your team. It is expected that you will spend several days a week out and about managing the Area’s business, engaging with employers, developing new business and supporting your Trainer Assessors. The types of organisations the company work’s with ranges from the coffee shop on the corner to national hotel chains.
It is essential that you have experience of working within the Work Based Learning industry at a Senior / Managerial level, ideally delivering and assessing across Hospitality NVQs/QCFs.
Previous management responsibilities will include experience of using performance management tools such as KPIs, contract forecasting and development of teams. As you will be managing the Hospitality division of the business, It would be advantageous if prior to your career in training you have had experience of working within the Hospitality and Catering industry to supervisory or management level.
Management experience within WBL should include knowledge of Contract Management / SFA Funding, Profit and Loss, Recruitment and Retention.
A management qualification would be desirable but not essential.
The suitable candidate will have the following skills and qualities;
• Management experience within Work Based Learning, ideally with Hospitality Apprenticeships / NVQ’s /QCF’s.
• A natural leader with presence, effective impact and the ability to positively influence a team to maintain a sustainable and profitable business.
• A leader by example, both in terms of self-discipline, pace, conduct and results.
• A good communicator, who is personable and engaging with a wide variety and levels of staff and external stakeholders.
• The ability to mentor, counsel and coach to build morale and personal esteem within your team.
• Pro-active, reflective and a solution finder, with the ability to positively problem solve, and develop innovative and creative solutions that are outcome focused.
• Logical and systematic approach to delivery, targets, budgets, results and data analysis.
• Commercial awareness of SFA funding and contracts, alternative revenue streams and effective P&L management.
• An Assessing Qualification - TAQA, CAVA, A1, D32 or D33
• A Verifying Award or Teaching qualification would be desirable