NVQ Retail Assessor
Our client is looking for a qualified NVQ Retail Assessor to join their team in a field based role covering Gatwick and surrounding areas.
You will need to be a qualified Assessor and hold a CAVA. TAQA, A1 or D32 / D33 Assessing Award.
If you hold a PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert Ed or PGCE certificate then this could be beneficial although not essential.
This role will involve assessing Apprenticeships in Retail including Retail Skills, Retail Management, Retail Sales, Customer Service, Business Admin, Team Leading and Management at levels 2 and 3. You must have previous experience of working in a Retail role.
You will also be delivering Functional Skills in this position.
Purpose of the role:
The delivery will have a blend of both theory and practical elements using a wide range of learning materials to encompass and enhance various learning styles. Lessons are to meet the standards of the contractors curriculum and satisfy internal and external requirements. This is to develop the contract further through growth in key areas, so the ideal candidate should have excellent organisation skills and a forward thinking attitude to make possible the development of trainer guides, student’s notes, lesson plans and schemes of work to meet the national occupational standards. An essential part of the role is providing professional NVQ monitoring, assessment and feedback where you will be required to assess competency and knowledge of apprentices against the standards and progress and achieve apprentices in a timely manner. The role will also involve the delivery of Functional Skills in the workplace
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a caseload of apprentices for delivery and assessments
• Conduct Work Place Induction for all new apprentices as detailed in current procedures.
• To carry out assessment of apprentices’ work and examinations in accordance with internal and external criteria, ensuring that quality standards are developed and maintained.
• To develop schemes of work, learning materials , timetabling / rotation planning, and trainee / learner assignments
• Visit apprentices at their work place at least every 8 weeks, carry out reviews and assessments, gather evidence, assess, progress, observe work practices and update learner records in a timely manner in accordance with current procedures.
• To act as tutor to apprentices, providing academic guidance and support.
• Carry our Health and Safety Vettings/monitoring of employers to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and statutory Health and Safety requirements are maintained.
• Carry out induction training as detailed in current procedures
• Liaison with company supervisors / managers, schools and local authorities
• Advise and counsel craft apprentices as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline
• Attend and contribute to team meetings, including providing apprentices progress
• Participate in careers and marketing events as necessary to promote the programme in a professional manner
• To act as may be necessary in other ways to assist the organisation to meet its objectives
• Provide information to your line Manager on recruitment, retention, and achievers as required.
• Maintain Continuous Professional Development in accordance with current internal and external requirements
• Sales and Recruitment of apprentices within the designated region and assist with other regions as and when required
Qualities and Attributes:
Must be well organised
Understanding of customers views and needs.
Produce clear and accurate data within given deadlines
Good Communication skills and deliver at all levels and using a variety of media
Be able to work on own and within a team.
Have a passion for own and others development
Creative, responsive, able to work under pressure and to tight time-scales
Confident and adept when dealing with Key Stake holders
GCSE in English, Maths and IT or equivalent.
Customer Service L2/3
Verifier Qualification will be advantageous
A teaching qualification such as PTLLS or higher would be desirable
Key Performance Indicators:
Number of teaching delivery hours
Number of Learner achievement
Number of pass marks during testing
Number of reviews
Lesson observation grades