Apprentice Marketing Assistant
The let’s Do Business Group is currently recruiting for an Apprentice Marketing Assistant for a company that is a global leader in the design and manufacture of vacuum technology solutions.
You do not need to have any previous experience of working in marketing as full training and support is provided in this role, but ideally you will have some knowledge of working in the events/marketing industry.
This is an Apprenticeship job opportunity so you will also be working towards an NVQ in Business and Administration.
Working closely with the European Marketing Specialist you will contribute to the continual development of the European Marketing Strategy on a global level.
With this involvement you will gain experience into campaign management and gain and develop an understanding of HTML, data handling and analysis.
Working on a number of different projects, you should be involved/ have a strong interest or previous knowledge of the Events/Marketing industry.
The company requires a Marketing Assistant to work as part of a busy, vibrant team to help raise the company profile.
You will be working in an office environment supporting the Marketing team.
Daily duties will include the following tasks:
• Competitor analysis – understanding the market and opposing campaigns.
• Events and Trade Shows.
• Inspire on future aspects of social media.
• Assist with ideas on print and advertising requirements.
• Complete additional training as needed.
• Support administration needs of the business.
• To deal with all incoming requests for information (catalogues, VacuCad,Lesker Tech, etc) and to ensure that any such customers are validated to corporate requirements.
• Assist with the printing requirements (brochures, flyers, forms, labels, show posters, letterhead, business cards, catalogues, etc.) in line with business needs.
• Assist with the coordination of exhibitions and administration
• Provide statistical reports on activity, feedback and results of all aspects of role as requested.
• Other Duties as assigned.
They are looking for an apprentice who has/is:
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• High level of computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
The company is a global leader in the design and manufacture of vacuum technology solutions for research and production applications.
Through four divisions: Vacuum Mart, Process Equipment, Materials and Manufacturing, they provide the most complete line of products and service solutions in the vacuum industry worldwide. From the simplest components and fittings, to intricate vacuum chambers and precision computer-controlled deposition systems.
Apprenticeship training will be provided in the work place by Let’s Do Business Group. You will also receive regular on the job training and support from your Line Manager.
Apprenticeship training will include:
• Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Functional Skills level 2 in English and Maths if required.
The expected duration for the Apprenticeship training is 12 months.
Ideally GCSE Grades A*- C, especially Maths and English however you will need to be able to communicate well with written tasks.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Interest / background in marketing and event management.
• Familiarity with Photoshop/ design packages.
• Good communication skills.
• Positive mental attitude.
• Good verbal and written ability.
• Creative approach.
• Excellent time management.
• Microsoft Office.
• Be polite, informative and have a professional attitude towards customers, co-workers.
• Perform duties in a timely, logical and organised manner.
• Be adaptable to change.
• Accept training where needed.
• Safeguard company information and observe company policies at all times
• Work consistently towards achieving departmental an corporate KPIs.
• Adhere to the spirit and intent of the Quality Management Manual.
• Conduct yourself at all times in line with the H&S Policy.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and works within the company Quality Management System, including the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives.
• To work within the company competency framework of required behaviours
The chance of becoming an important part of the Marketing department.
Job Ref: APP0200
Post Title: Apprentice Marketing Assistant
Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £110 per week - £5720 per annum
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £2.73 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Holiday: 20 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
Type: Full Time Apprenticeship for 12 months with the possibility of employment after this duration.