NVQ Assessor - Automotive (SW)
Our client is looking for an NVQ Assessor - Automotive to join their company in a field based role covering the South West region, particularly Bristol and Cheltenham.
Travel will be an essential part of the role as you will be meeting with learners at different places throughout the South West. You will be able to do some work from home when completing paperwork and other tasks.
It is preferred that candidates already hold a TAQA, A1 or D32 / D33 Assessing Award but this is not essential. For candidates with the right automotive industry experience and enthusiasm the company may train and provide the funding for this qualification.
An average caseload is 55 learners and you will be involved in Assessing Apprenticeships in the Automotive industry. Particular areas are Heavy and Light Vehicles. This will also involve Functional Skills and Technical Certificates.
A good level of literacy and numeracy skills will be required in order to assist learners in preparing for Functional Skills tests.
The company currently use paper based portfolios but this may change in the future.
The Training Provider are an Ofsted Grade 1 outstanding provider and offer an excellent benefits package.
To provide professional QCF monitoring and assessment for trainees and employers, using a wide range of learning materials and maintaining records to monitor trainee progress and achievement.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct Work Place Induction for all new apprentices as detailed in current procedures.
• Visit learners at work place, carry out workplace reviews and assessments, gather evidence, assess progress, observe work practices and update trainee records in accordance with current procedures.
• Complete reviews for each learner in accordance with current procedures
• Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline.
• Carry our Health and Safety monitoring of employers to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and statutory Health and Safety requirements.
• Contribute to Monthly Meetings.
• To monitor frequency, content and consistency of reviews and assessment throughout multiple site contracts.
• Liaison with Operations Manager to ensure co-ordination between on-the-job and off-the-job training
• Liaison with employers
To understand customer views, needs and objectives.
Commercial and business awareness
To appoint suppliers who provide the company with competitive pricing, and achieve economies of scale wherever possible.
Performance and results
To ensure consistency of assessment process and co-ordination of on-the-job and off-the-job training.
Provide information to managers and external bodies as required.
To contribute and work as part of a team
Effective communications and impact
To be able to communicate at all levels
Continuous improvement and management of change
To use learning, best practice and past experience to the benefit of all our activities.
To update professional and academic knowledge
• Awarding Bodies
A Units and V units
GCSE in English, Maths and IT or equivalent.
Confident and adept when dealing with trainees, parents, employers and awarding bodies.
A working knowledge of Awarding Body requirements.
Creative, responsive, able to work under pressure and to tight time-scales and deadlines.
In addition, the post holder will:
• Actively promote Equal Opportunities and diversity in accordance with our policy to ensure employer and trainee compliance and to ensure that no individual is discriminated against.
• Actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information
• Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation