A well written CV is essential to ensure you present your skills to a potential employer in the best way possible.
Job interviews are your chance to shine, to talk about your skills and knowledge, and an opportunity to show off your personality.
Employer Interview Tips
- Use a systematic approach. Prepare standard questions that you will ask all candidates and a scoring matrix against which to grade their response (1 – 6), with room to add notes. If some areas are more important than other s you can weight the answers so that they are worth more (multiply grade given to answer by 1.5 or 2 depending on importance).
- Ensure that you are familiar with the candidate’ CV before the interview – do not “wing it”. It is as important for the interviewer to prepare for the interview as it is the interview.
- Look for areas of relevant experience and consider how you will want to them to expand on these to evidence their experience and substantiate their CV.
- Identify any anomalies or inconsistencies that you might wish them to explain.
- Often it is a good idea to have more than one person to conduct the interview as they will capture different points.
- Leave time between interviews to allow time to make notes & for overruns.